50th Anniversary Celebratory Events
- Friday, June 22, Monhegan Trivia at the Monhegan Brewing Company to Celebrate the release of the Monhegan Museum 50th Anniversary Golden Ale
- Sunday, July 1, 4:00pm-6:00pm Monhegan Museum opening reception
- Wednesday, August 1, 6:00pm Monhegan Museum Golden Jubilee at the Lighthouse featuring live music by Jason Anderson and the Best!
- Thursday, August 9, 12:00-3:00pm Children’s Jubilee at the Lighthouse
- Saturday, September 8, Maine Open Lighthouse Day
- Thursday, July 12, 2018, 7:30PM at the Schoolhouse: Elliot Bostwick Davis, “Creativity and Collaboration: Monhegan and the Concept of Human Flourishing”. Elliot Bostwick Davis is the John Moors Cabot Art Chair of the Americas Department at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- Thursday, July 19, 2018, 7:30PM at the Schoolhouse: Edward L. Deci, “One Hundred and Sixty Years of Monhegan Art”. Ed Deci is the President and Director of the Monhegan Museum of Art & History and has led the organization for over 35 years.
- Thursday, August 16, 2018, 7:30PM at the Schoolhouse: Earle G. Shettleworth, Jr. “Messages from Monhegan”. Earle Shettleworth, Maine State Historian will explore early 20th century postcards of the island and the social history contained in the messages penned by visitors to the island.
- Thursday, August 23, 2018, 7:30PM at the Schoolhouse: Carl Little: “Awash in Color: A Select Survey of Maine Watercolor Painting”
Funding for this lecture series is provided in part by the Maine Humanities Council
- Sunday, July 15, 8:00PM at the Schoolhouse: James Fitzgerald: A Painter’s Journey. A documentary by Frederick Lewis. Introduction by Robert L. Stahl
- Sunday, July 22, 8:00, continued on Monday, July 23, 8:00PM at the Schoolhouse: Rockwell Kent: A Documentary by Frederick Lewis
- Sunday, August 12, 8:00PM at the Schoolhouse: The Women Artists of Monhegan Island, and Lynne Drexler: A Life in Color Introduction by Kate Cheney Chappell
- Sunday, August 19, 8:00PM at the Schoolhouse: The Hermit of Manana: The True Story of a Man Who Left Everything Behind, a film by Elisabeth Harris. With introduction by Elisabeth Harris.
Stay tuned for updates including dates and times for gallery and lighthouse tours, scavenger hunts, and other activities!